XAT is the aptitude test conducted by the XLRI from Jamshedpur and the motive for this Xavier Aptitude test is to test the skills and knowledge of a student who tends to enrol in the MBA/PGDM programs of the XLRI University, and it allows them to be eligible for the 700 of the other XAMI member schools.
It is a 3 hours exam which carries 100 questions divided into four sections, and each section is used to assess the knowledge of the student in different ways.
The four mains sections are:
- Decision Making
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
All these sections require a different kind of study material, and that should be informative enough and easy to understand by the student so that he can grasp more knowledge in lesser time.
You need to be very careful while choosing the right study material, whether you are preparing yourself for the exam or having coaching because the study material decides whether you will be able to crack the exam or not, as you only get one shot in a year for the same.
Which books to refer to for the best results?
We will give you a brief about which books you should consider to be able to crack the exam in one go, this list is not just made out of the most famous authors, but it contains all the material by the experiences people in the field who can help you achieve your goal.
- Best books for Decision making:
- How to prepare for Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma, which is one of the most popular books on the blog.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination is from R.S Aggarwal, and the name of the author is enough to understand the importance of this one.
- Data Interpretation for the CAT, which is by Nishit K Sinha, is a good read.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by Abhijit Guha is also a well-known book that has good material.
- Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma is also a notable one.
- Best books for Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning:
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis is one of the best books if you want to grab more knowledge on the subject.
- High School English Grammar and Composition by the world-famous, Wren and Martin is a book which is compulsory in the CBSE curriculum, and the reason is clear, this book gives you a good knowledge of the basic and intermediate English language.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension is a masterpiece from Ajay Singh and should be considered for the subject.
- Analytical Reasoning is one of the best books to refer from MK Pandey.
- A modern approach to verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal is another one from the maestro himself.
- Best Books for Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude, which is the best book on the subject by Arun Sharma and will give you an in-depth knowledge of all the topics.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competetive Examination, which is assembled by Abhijit Guha and contains some important questions regarding the XAT exam.
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission into IIM’S, which is an elaborate study book for cracking the XAT by Sarvesh K Verma.
- Best Material for General Knowledge:
- You can refer the Business magazines like Business Line by The Hindu Group, Business Today, Business World, Competition success review.
- You should always be well aware of the current affairs by watching the news and reading newspapers.
These are some of the best materials which you can refer to, for cracking the XAT 2020 exam in one go.