According to the recent studies and analysis, there will be an add-on of a minimum of 15.7 million new project management positions globally by the end of 2020. Australia of all places in the world is said to be the only country to claim 375,000 roles from among these. It is also quite fascinating and tempting to learn that the role of project managers in Australia is the highest-paid role. No wonder why Australia is the study hub for project management degree courses.
The Top-Ranked Universities Offering Project Management Degree Courses in Australia
- University of Sydney
- University of South Australia
- Griffith University
- University of Adelaide
- The Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- University of Technology Sydney
- RMIT University
- University of Queensland
- Australian National University
The Career Scope
Australia, to begin with, doles out visas for post-work to foreign students and has made it quite easier for all those who wish to settle down once they bag a good-salaried job in the place. This is important to know as the post-work visa eligibility relies on the course type that you enroll yourself in Australia besides the course duration.
If the PMI reports are to be believed, more than 375,000 roles of project managers in Australia would be shooting up by the year of 2020. However, the MPM programs comprise of concepts that are accepted universally. So the roles you wish to take up or the salary you are expecting would rely on the work experience that you have bagged before enrolling in the course.
Things are pretty well on the field of salary as well, as a recent PMI report also claimed that a salary of whopping a$139,037 would be given to project managers in Australia, which is supposedly the second grossing salary in the entire world.
- The project management degree course specializes in the field of management studies, making the applicable concepts to any industry- easier. It also instills a broader mindset in terms of thinking, which is utterly significant for managing projects.
- You can expect to learn about quality management, cost, learn time, besides gaining practical knowledge in managing benefits realization, complexity, program, procurement, and portfolio management, etc through the group assignments and several case studies. In most cases, you also have to work on plan development for real projects as your coursework syllabus.
- Also, having past work experience before enrolling yourself in this course is quite important if you wish to extract maximum benefit out of it.
Thus, there is a whole set of opportunities for people who are applying for project management degree courses in Australia. This was a briefing about the course that you might need to know before opting for it.